2019 - 2020 Studio Policy
1. Lessons - This Studio Policy and Agreement is a legal contract between Studio and Student for individual music lessons provided by Studio to Student. Student agrees to enroll with Studio for such lessons and abide by the provisions of the Studio Policy, as a condition to Studio providing music lessons to Student.
2. Lesson Schedule - Individual lessons are conducted on a weekly basis, for either 30 minutes, or 60 minutes. Each student is designated an ongoing weekly day and time for lessons which has been reserved exclusively for that Student. Students are expected to attend all scheduled lessons, unless otherwise arranged in advance with the Studio.
3. Payment - Weekly rates are as follows. $30 per half hour, $60 per hour. Payment is due monthly at the beginning month eight days after issue date or a $20 late fee will be added. Charter school student’s purchase orders should be made out to Huntington Music and must be received before lessons can be started. Military discount is available with valid ID. $25 per half hour, $50 per hour. Payments may be made by personal check, cash, credit/debit. Credit/debit is payable online at huntington-music.com. Checks may be made out to Huntington Music.
4. Cancellations –Students may cancel lessons up to 48 hours before the scheduled time in order to be eligible for a credit or a make-up lesson. Lessons cancelled up 24 hours before the scheduled time are eligible for a make-up lesson only. Make-up lessons must be scheduled in the same month of the cancellation and will be scheduled at the teacher’s convenience. Student is eligible for a lesson credit if the following criteria is met: teacher cancellation and is unable to reschedule; studio emergency; personal injury.
5. Studio Expectations - Students are expected to,
· Treat the Studio teacher, other students, and Studio property respectfully.
· Bring required material, lesson notebook, instrument and other essential items for their instrument.
· Complete all practice and written assignments.
The Studio will provide Students with verbal and/or written warnings if they breach the Studio Expectations, students may have the opportunity to rectify such warnings. Repeated or frequent breaches in the Studio Expectations may result in the termination of lessons.
6. Parents or Siblings at Lessons - Parents and or siblings are welcome to attend and quietly observe the lesson in the waiting area provided by the Studio. However, if their presence disrupts the lesson or student in any way, they may kindly be asked to wait in the waiting room until the end of the lesson.
7. Waiver of Liability; Indemnification. PARENT AND STUDENT HEREBY WAIVES, RELEASES, DISCHARGES, AND COVENANTS NOT TO SUE STUDIO, ITS OWNERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR REPRESENTATIVES (“RELEASEES”) FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF, OR RELATED TO, STUDENT’S PARTICIPATION IN STUDIO ON-SITE OR OFF-SITE LESSONS, EVENTS, OR ACTIVITIES (“STUDIO PROGRAMS”), WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT OR TORT.
PARENT AND STUDENT AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND, AND HOLD HARMLESS THE RELEASEES FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, ATTORNEY’S FEES, COSTS, LIABILITIES, OR DAMAGES AGAINST STUDIO ARISING OUT OF STUDENT’S PARTICIPATION IN STUDIO PROGRAMS.